Looking back on ClueTrain I am glad we got to cover this material before the semester ended. I enjoyed the topics that were discussed. I definitely think that these guys were well ahead of their time. However, with the vast changes that have been made on the Internet and how people use the Internet the material is a bit outdated for today. I think a ClueTrain 2.0 would be quite appropriate. I agree with many of the concepts that are presented, but I definitely see some as optimistic and unrealistic. For example, a completely horizontal corporate structure is never going to happen and is unpractical. As much as we need freedom, we need leaders, decision-makers, critics, etc. These are the people that help push us forward. I think that businesses can definitely take the ideas argued in ClueTrain and shape them for a more realistic application. They should take these suggestions per se with a grain of salt. The corporate world does need to relax, and have fun, and listen, but not quite to the degree suggested by ClueTrain.
No comments:
Post a Comment