Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Reaction to ClueTrain Day 1: Nov. 25th

The discussion that intrigued me was the idea that markets are conversations.    I think this move toward social media, and the use of digital reflects this thesis.  Companies are using these tools to interact directly to their consumers.  They are able to directly converse with their target market in many different forms.  I still believe that there is target marketing but in a new form. It is not as in your face as before.  I think it is obvious that companies need to narrow down their market, to focus on it potential buyers.  For instance, they are not going to market Viagra to teenagers.  I think they are targeting their presence and constructing their tools to fit the group in which they are targeting.  For example, a company who is selling college text books would want to be on FaceBook because thats where its market is located.  They have a central marketplace of potential consumers to interact with, generate awareness, and find supporters.  This is the type of target marketing that I think is being used in this new age of marketing.  I think it is practical, effective, and a positive change for both consumers and producers.

No comments: