Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Optimism in Politics on the Internet

Is this optimism warranted?  I think so!  I think that the use of internet in politics has been very helpful and  successful.  I really liked the idea raised in Rebooting America of the internet and blogs as a form of pamphlets.  I have seen similar comparisons in business relations. Blogs and other forms of social media are the new wave of mass media, although better.  I have jumped on the optimism band wagon. Why waste paper on pamphlets when you can post on the internet and reach a greater audience with more information.  

One of the more important aspects of blogs and internet in relation to politics is the ability to express opinions widely.  For example the use of "influencers" in marketing is just important in politics and people are able to view the different views, opinions, and policies of candidates and US citizens.  Basically I am not sure why this optimism in internet politics would not be warranted.


No comments: