Another issue was the structure of the class. I think that we needed a more defined structure than what was provided. It was evident that Prof. Dean wanted us to work as a group for an hour then all the groups present in a half hour. Well this proved to be insufficient. Group 1 presented for 20 minutes, then our group attempted to SPRINT through our presentation in 10 minutes. This left the final groups to present the following class with almost a week extra of preparation. This just does not seem like the right way to do things. I think for the next time we do this (If there is a next time) we need to set a presentation time limit. Another option would be to use one class for preparation and one class for presentations. Either way, we need to establish sometime of time structure that can be applied to all groups.
Connections, Conversations, Serendipity, and Shit
17 years ago

4 comments:
Jeff,
I agree with your comments. I think the group work was not the best. Like you said, I think everyone had a good understanding of what they read in Rebooting America. However, to come up with a power point in a small amount of time with only the key information is difficult. I felt very rushed and unprepared.
The flow and format of the class was also not the best. I think we could have spent the majority or entire class working on the presentations then come to class the next day to present our power point. I know our group, the first group, presented for a fairly long time leaving the other groups with not only a few minutes. I think the structure could have been better. Overall, not the best class we have had, but I think it will be helpful because we can learn from what we don't like.
Sam
I also agree with Sam's comment that we could have used that class to create the powerpoints and the next to show them. It was clear your presentation was rushed. It was informative, but I felt that the short time you were given did not do your presentation justice. Clearly, your group had more information to give us but the time restrictions prevented that.
good feedback. I agree that it would have been better to have all the presentations the next class. But, then again, if folks had come prepared to class, then their work in groups would have been more productive. You all had the assignment in advance. It seemed to me from the outside that there were groups with members who just sat there, contributing virtually nothing.
In the real world, you have to work under time constraints and in groups. Really, the exercise was not much different from writing a list of things on the board. The key matter was focus.
I think if there was a presentation time limit that would have solved a lot of problems.
Post a Comment